1. Tell us about your current position.
I’m a Senior Account Manager at a public relations agency. The agency works on ‘projects of substance’ including government initiatives, corporate social responsibly projects and not-for-profit programs. I work with clients to develop and implement communications strategies.
Prior to that, I worked as a Communications Advisor at Linfox.
2. What do you enjoy most about your current job
The diversity! No two days are the same and I’m required to wear many ‘hats’. My week might involve media relations, DVD production, copywriting, talent sourcing and strategy development.
3. How different is the work you are doing today compared to that you were doing at CERA?
The nuts and bolts are the same but I now work across a range of diverse clients. I enjoy great relationships with our clients, but juggling so many accounts can be tricky.
4. How has your time at CERA impacted on your career and what you’re working on today?
I discovered by interest in PR while working at CERA. There was an opportunity to grow the Communications function and I was given lots of support from my manager and senior staff.
5. What work were you doing at CERA?
Copywriting for the website, newsletters and annual reports; developing social media channels; media relations and organising events.
6. Do you have any memorable anecdotes you might be happy to share?
Hmmmm not off the top of my head!
7. What advice would you give a young researcher starting at CERA?
Engage the Communications Team to help build your profile externally. It may assist future career and funding opportunities.
8. You have an hour to spend in a bookstore. What section do you make a beeline to?
Fiction and the health & wellbeing sections.
9. How would your [parent; spouse; child] describe you in seven words or less?
Hmmm, I might skip this one!