A+ A-
Saving sight. Changing lives.

Leave a gift in your will

We can imagine a world free of blindness – but we cannot get there without you.

Affiliated with the University of MelbourneUniversity of Melbourne Logo

You already care about and value the work of the Centre for Eye Research Australia. By including a gift in your Will to our fundraising arm, the Eye Research Australia Foundation, your support for new medical discoveries can continue.

By including a gift in your Will you can buy a piece of laboratory equipment so researchers can study eye diseases in the lab; you can help talented students or young researchers to become the next leaders in eye research by establishing a scholarship or fellowship; or you can support an area of research close to your heart.

Whatever you can afford, you can make a difference.

We are happy to work with you to make sure your gift reflects what is most important to you.

Please call our Philanthropy Coordinator, Benjamin Nuttall on 1300 737 757 for a confidential discussion, or to receive further information about leaving a gift in your Will to eye research.

Types of gifts

There are three types of gifts you can include in your Will. Below we describe the most common to help you decide which is best for you.

Residuary gift

This is the gift of all or part of the value of your estate after debts, taxes and other gifts have been met. The advantage of residuary gifts is that they automatically keep up with inflation, and you don’t have to worry about amending the gift if your financial situation changes.

Specific gift

This is the gift of something of value like real estate, shares or a piece of jewellery.

Pecuniary gift

A pecuniary gift is simply a sum of money. You can arrange this amount to be increased in line with inflation.

See suggested wording for more information.

Suggested wording

Suggested wording to leave a residuary gift is:

“I give free of all taxes and testamentary expenses the whole (or percentage share) of the residue of my estate to the Eye Research Australia Foundation (ABN 25 040 435 191) to be used for its general purposes, and the receipt of an authorised officer from the Foundation shall be full and sufficient discharge to my executors.”

The suggested wording for a pecuniary gift is:

“I give free of all taxes and testamentary expenses the sum of $____ (in figures and words) to the Eye Research Australia Foundation (ABN 25 040 435 191) to be used for its general purposes, and the receipt of an authorised officer from the Centre for Eye Research Australia shall be full and sufficient discharge to my executors.”

The form of wording for a specific gift is the same as a pecuniary gift, except the gift is specified, rather than a cash sum.

If you would prefer to leave a gift in your will for a particular purpose or project, please contact Benjamin Nuttall Philanthropy Coordinator on 1300 737 757.

Testimonials

People from all walks of life have generously decided to leave a gift in their Will to the Eye Research Australia Foundation. Read a few of their stories here.

Information for solicitors

The Centre for Eye Research Australia is supported by the Eye Research Australia Foundation (ABN: 25 040 435 191).

The Eye Research Australia Foundation is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient.

The registered address is
Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital
Level 7, 32 Gisborne Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002

If you require further information, or have any questions, please call Benjamin Nuttall on 1300 737 757.

Let us know your decision

Let us know of your decision

If you intend to leave a gift to the Eye Research Australia Foundation in your Will, or if you have already included us, we would appreciate the chance to thank you in person and invite to some of our special events, including tours of the labs and meeting senior researchers.

Your wishes will remain confidential. Please let us know by calling Benjamin Nuttall on 1300 737 757.

Thank you.