2012 CERA Scientific Exchange and Awards
Unit Heads select 1-2 posters presented by their team over the previous 12 months for display at this event. Based around the idea of a mini scientific conference poster session, the researchers present their work to around 100 colleagues and invited guests keen to learn about the latest eye research happening at CERA.
The event was opened by CERA Chair Ms Tina McMeckan, who welcomed the attendees and encouraged them to make the most of the opportunity to quiz the researchers and learn more about their work.
CERA Managing Director Professor Jonathan Crowston and Chief Executive of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology (RANZCO) Ms Susi Tegen, also presented the annual CERA Awards, which recognise outstanding contributions from staff and students, beyond normal performance expectations.
The Award winners in each category were:
- Excellence in Research Award – Dr Lauren Ayton
- Teaching and Training Award – Dr Amirul Islam
- Community Engagement and Knowledge Transfer – CERA Run Melbourne Team
- Outstanding Contribution of a Student – Dr Jefitha Karimurio
- The CERA Award (for enhancing CERA as an organisation) – Mr Sanj Perera (above right)
The 2012 CERA Scientific Exchange and Awards were held on Wednesday 8 August at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital. To see photos from the event, please visit our Facebook page.