2013 CERA Scientific Exchange and AwardsMay 24, 2013
The event is a showcase of the some of the outstanding research by up-and-coming CERA scientists from the past 12 months. Each unit selects one or two of their best posters to display and guests are invited to ask the authors questions about their work.
Ophthalmologist and CERA Board member Dr Cathy Green presented the annual CERA Awards, which recognise outstanding contributions from staff and students, beyond normal performance expectations.
The Award winners in each category were:
- Excellence in Research Award – Dr Gwyn Rees, Dr Bonnie Sturrock, Edith Holloway and Michael Kienhuis. Click here to learn more about this research
- Excellence in Research Support – Dr Ann Du
- Teaching and Training Award – Dr Chi Luu
- Community Engagement and Knowledge Transfer – Dr Lauren Ayton Click here to learn more about Dr Ayton’s community engagement activities.
- Outstanding Contribution of a Student – Ms Lil Deverell
- The CERA Award (for enhancing CERA as an organisation) – Ms Jacqui Chu
To see photos from the event, please visit our Facebook page.