2016 Scientific ExchangeMay 18, 2016
The CERA Scientific Exchange and Awards were held on 18 May 2016. Over 100 guests including staff, students, stakeholders and donors enjoyed the opportunity to get ‘up-close’ with some of our best and brightest researchers.
CERA’s Board member Mr Andrew Cowlishaw, presented the annual CERA awards alongside SmartSalary and Thomson Geer representatives who kindly sponsored two categories.
The CERA Award was presented by Clinton Symons and Irene Trakossas from SmartSalary, and the Excellence in Research Award was presented by Chris Hartigan from Thomas Geer.
Recognising outstanding achievements and contribution from staff and students in 2015/2016, the award winners in each category were:
- Excellence in Research – The National Eye Health Survey Team
- Excellence in Research Support – Nicole Tindill
- Excellence in Community Engagement & Knowledge Transfer – Dr Srujana Sahebjada
- Excellence in Teaching & Training – The Human Resources Team
- Outstanding Contribution of a Student – Dr Eamonn Fahy
- The CERA Award – The National Eye Health Survey Team