Retinal image grading is conducted both internally and with external collaborators across many studies including:
- Diabetic retinopathy and pathology grading for a novel and proactive diabetic retinopathy screening strategy in people with diabetes.
- Diabetic retinopathy grading and assessment of geometric parameters for the Australian Diabetes Obesity and Lifestyle (AusDiab) Study.
- Retinal image grading for a multi-centred study investigating whether retinal vascular signs predict cognitive decline (aspirin for the prevention of cognitive decline in the elderly study).
- Retinal image grading for a multicentre study of aspirin in the healthy elderly, directed at determining whether sleep disordered breathing contributes to cerebrovascular disease and cognitive impairment and the retinal effects of aspirin use (SNORE-ASA study).
- Retinal image grading for a telemedicine supported diabetes and cardiovascular diseases (CVD) assessment and care program to facilitate optimal health in Indigenous Australians.
For potential collaboration, contact Lauren Hodgson on (03) 9929 8933.