If your birthday wish is to support a good cause, a Facebook birthday fundraiser is an easy and meaningful way to celebrate.
For many of us, the question “What do you want for your birthday?” leaves us feeling blank.
If you already have everything you could wish for, asking your friends and family to support a cause close to your heart instead can be a simple and rewarding solution.
Thanks to Facebook birthday fundraising, it’s now easier than ever to hold a simple fundraiser for a charity of your choice.
That’s how Maria, CERA’s Administration & Facilities Coordinator, decided to celebrate her birthday last year.
“I had seen a lot of family and friends on Facebook raise money for their favourite non-for-profits, and thought I would give it a go too. After all every little bit counts,” Maria says.
“I work at CERA and have seen firsthand how awesome our researchers are and how they make every cent count.”
This generous gift will support essential vision research at CERA, helping our researchers make more sight-saving discoveries that change lives.
How to hold a Facebook birthday fundraiser
It only takes a couple of minutes to set up your own Facebook fundraiser for CERA.
You can simply follow the prompts on Facebook – or complete the steps below:
- Log in to your Facebook account (or create one here.)
- Head to Facebook Fundraisers. (You can also navigate here from the news feed. Look at the left side column. Under the ‘Explore’ heading, you’ll see the ‘Fundraisers’ option.)
- Click on ‘Select Nonprofit’ and search for ‘Centre for Eye Research Australia’ (not CERA).
- Set your fundraising goal and how long you want the fundraiser to run for.
- Add a personal message if you choose. Tell your friends why vision research is important to you and why you’d love their support on your birthday.
- Invite your friends and share on your timeline. Keep sharing to get more support!
Facebook fundraisers are secure, and funds are transferred to nonprofits through the PayPal Giving Fund. Facebook charges no fee for donations to nonprofits, so you can be sure your whole contribution is going towards the cause you care about.
If you choose to support CERA with a Facebook birthday fundraiser, you will be contributing to world-class research that strives to discover better treatments for eye disease, helping more people enjoy the precious gift of sight.
CERA is sincerely grateful for any support our wonderful community can offer.