CERA conducts eye research with real-life impact. This includes basic research to understand disease processes, clinical research to improve diagnosis and treatment of major eye diseases, population based and health economics research, and research into health service delivery, eye health education and program evaluation.
Many key projects are delivered in collaboration across units and with external partners.
- Behavioural Research in Ophthalmology
- Cellular Reprogramming
- Clinical Genetics
- Clinical Trials Research Centre
- Cytoprotection Pharmocology Research
- Glaucoma Research
- Macular Research
- Mitochondria and Neurodegeneration
- Ocular Genetics
- Population Health and Health Services Research
- World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Prevention of Blindness Australia